Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"are you sure you're till the end on that?" - A road cyclist asks us if we're going till the end of a road cicling race on our cripled mountain bikes...

After 5 months of training (2 to go) conscience is probably building up faster than my muscles: I know I can cycle 140km of asphalt in one moorning altough not at the pace of road cyclist... I know the back tire of my mtb slips in gravel and wet rocks, but it's fast in hardpack... I know what harpack, gravel, mud and technical terrain are and how each of them can harm me... I know that my left leg dominates sprints and any other kind of fast cycling cadences wereas my rigth leg dominates ascents and any other kind of slow cycling cadences... I even know that shoulder injuries probably involve longer recoveries than leg injuries...

What don't I know?... I don't know how I'll be feeling after the 3'rd day of consecutive riding... I know that will probably be the moment my conscience will tell me it's time to stop... That will certainly be the time to turn it off... And ride...


No comments: