Monday, September 11, 2006

“Temperatures are going sub-zero, I need to repack my bag…” – Maria tells me about the last arrangements, we’ve spent the last weeks planning our trip to the Canadian Rockies


“I’m on the departure lounge again” - Bag that fits BA’s hand baggage policy: check; clothing layers for temperatures ranging from -10 to 30 degrees Celsius: check; Hiking boots: check; Pain killers (for my recent foot problem): check; Plane ticket: check; Passport: check; Film: check; more Film: check; vehicle big enough to put al five of us in: check; 200 GB worth of digital storage: ch… well almost…

The limitations on hand baggage are forcing me into some difficult decisions… For the first time I wont be able to take my trusty 35mm film camera with me… I’m left with the Digital with a dead pixel and dust on the sensor that I’ve given up trying to remove before the trip fearing that it will get worse and the medium format that has not proven completely trusty over time… Still these will have to do the trick…

Other than this, the amount of issues that need to be arranged in the office are increasing day by day and the remaining week seams to last forever… What else is new...

No comments: