Wednesday, November 15, 2006

“after the cities we’ve crossed during the trip I don’t know if I want to visit New York” – We where on our last day before coming back home, looking down from Seattle’s Space Needle when Patricia drew some conclusions regarding North American cities…


There’s a big difference between European and North American cities. In Europe, we are assured that every city builds it’s identity from the course of thousands of years and all the buildings and stories they left behind. In North America, time still did not play its role in defining each city’s identity. I can associate different ideas to each city, but they are more influenced by people and the way they live in each place…

More and more, cities look pretty much the same everywhere I go… They exist near the airports I fly to… But almost disappear from memories when I get immersed into the wilds...

No comments: