Wednesday, November 15, 2006

“he usually spends nine months a year traveling all over the world and stays at home for tree months mostly to test pick up new equipment”… The attendant at the Art Wolfe gallery in Seattle had just answered my question on the amount of time Art usually spends traveling around...


Art is an extreme case of someone that does what I’d like to do with the added bonus of being successful and well payed. I left his gallery wondering about what would be right sequence of steps to get there… I know I might have the image creating potential, but all the rest and mainly the question on how to be a photographer along with being able to pay the bills and having the power to decide on whatever images I want to create turn a single step into an unbeatable barrier…

On the other side is Nuno, the Portuguese biker traveling along the Pan American Highway (check his website here), doing his destiny just out of the will to be free…

Although in extreme positions Art and Nuno are similar in the sense of disturbing my peace of mind. “What am I doing here?” is a common question as three weeks after coming back from the Rockies reality really hurts my temporary sense of freedom…

No comments: