Thursday, October 02, 2008

"please take off your shoes..." - The signal precedes the entrance of each temple or Shrine, and without knowing all the reasons for the ritual it just looks rigth…


I can't help thinking about what went on during the 10 years since I 1'st came to Japan. At that time I had no idea that traveling would become an addiction and that photography would also come into the equation…

I've learned through life that there's no purpose in asking why for things that just happen… I'm sure I'm glad I got to go to every place I did, and I'd like to come back from each place with images that fulfill my feeling of being there, but I never seam to accomplish this entirely…


Back to Japan, I'm not a religious person but I have to admit that I like to be around and inside temples and Shrines in Japan… Not just for how they look, but also for the peace they transmit and for the feeling that there's lots of room for improvement in everything we do...

3 comments:

**** said...

Don't leave without sleeping on one buddist temple.
It's expensive but so worth it!
You get supper and breakfast - vegetarian food, of course.
Also, you're invited/permited to attend an (too) early morning celebration.
I've been to Mount Koya last year.

Simply unforgetable!

http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/db/mount_koya/index.htm

BlueLittleGuy said...

Left KoyaSan today, and yes, I know what you mean ;)

**** said...

AWSOME!!!!! ((: