Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"yes we can change your reservation, no problem..." - The attendant at Japan Railways tells us that she can change our reservation so that we don't have to wait one hour for our next train…In the day before I had one of my last silent meditation moments… I was at the sacred precinct in Koyasan, creating images of the temples at night. Each image took around 4 minutes so I had plenty of silence for myself. During my last couple of images (before exhausting the camera battery completely) I had the company of a monk doing his prays… I don't remember what I though about, only that my spirit was in peace…

(If you did not do so before, take a deep breath now)…


On paper, our plans for the next day looked somehow crazy (they would probably be outside Japan): Our day started at 6 am, attending the morning prays in the Henjoson-in temple where we had spent the night (as Sara said in her comment to my previous post this is something someone has to do once in life), at 7 am we had breakfast (a feast to the eye and the belly), at 7:30 we had a Taxi waiting for us to take us to the Koyasan Cable Car Station, we took the cable car at 7:45 and arrived at the Gokurakubasi station by 7:50...
At 7:55 we took the local train on Nankay Koya Line to Hashimoto, arrived at 8:55 and changed to the Nakai Rincan express departing at 9:15 and arriving in Osaka (Nankai Namba Station) at 9:44… Then walked for 6 minutes a caught the Osaka City Subway on Midousuji line (not sure about the departure na arrival for this) to the Shin-Osaka station where we had a coffee and asked our reservation to be changed from the SHINKANSEN HIKARI RailStar 461 departing at 11:19, to the SHINKANSEN HIKARI RailStar 459 departing at 10:59 to Hiroshima, arriving at 12:28…
We then took the local train on JR Sanyo line at 12:49, to Miyagimaguchi, walked for 5 minutes and took the JR Ferry Boat to Miyagima (I'm also not sure about the times for these, but probably nobody's reading this to this point)…There you go… 437 km… Everything as expected, except for the early arrival due to the reservation change granted as something completely normal… Outside the spiritual side of things this is Japan for you…
I'm writing this in the SHINKANSEN HIKARI 384 departing from Himeji at 17:59 and arriving in Tokyo at 2140 (644 km) the last leg of the trip before heading back to reality tomorrow…


1 comment:

**** said...

As expected I wish you a safe flight back home!

Ansious for the coming pictures I am sure you'll post when trying to focus once you get back reality.

Enjoy.

Meanwhile, pray for Alzheimer won't hit you, so that you can keep the memory of such a marvellous and wonderful trip.

See you soon... as expected !