Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"The bar is already closed sir, we can’t serve beer anymore" - It’s almost midnight and I just got back from work, I’m having dinner with the PC in front of me thinking about what to write in this post...


It’s only when we leave home that we find out that most things we take for granted are not so in other parts of the world... Every place got its own way while civilizations evolved randomly over time showing that destiny is an unknown place...

Take body language: where I come from a person shakes the head for saying yes or no... In India someone shaking the head one way or the other means nothing at all... It took some time for me to understand this and for my instincts to adapt in order not to react to those situations... Still it feels strange seeing confidence on the eyes of someone that negatively shakes the head...

I’d like to tell you more about Chennai, but time runs out and I fear I won’t have the chance to go out with the camera... And heart... In every trip to or from the office I’m faced with multiple situations I still did not picture: crowded buses, the live cow parade, the infinite range of eye expressions that seam to did deep into one’s memories... Young, not so young... New, old... Here, there...

No comments: