Monday, August 07, 2006

"Your hotel taxi will be ready to take you to the office by 10 am tomorrow" - An envelope was slipped bellow my room’s door with this message on it... At the beginning I was quite apprehensive with this "all is being taken care for you and you do not need to know details attitude" as I'm used to control every detail like hotel addresses, office addresses, maps, etc...

Now, after getting to three hotels from whom I did not know the address, and after getting to the client's office without even knowing where I am, without needing a single phone call, it's not that I'm used to live with it, but I'm getting the idea that things don't always go wrong...


I also feel that most of my traveler instincts have to be reformulated for India... It may me a mistake, but I'm starting to trust more than what I'd expect to...

Anyway, I still consider I have a highly filtered view of the place... I know the weather in Chennai is unbearably hot and wet, but I have not been exposed to it for more than half an hour... I know the pollution in Bangalore was unbearable, but still I caught a cold from its air conditionings... Basically all the control and organization I'm appreciating come from services that cost more per day than the average citizen will make in a month...

I now think that most of my questions and doubts about this place are not about the place itself, but on how I see and judge the world: the point is not on what I want to know; on the contrary, it's on what I usually don't want to...


1 comment:

Itri said...

É tão mais confortável ver o mundo dessa forma... mas perdemos tanto desse mundo que nos rodeia quando usamos os oculos da ocidentalidade!
Tou a ADORAR o blog! Fã incondicional desde já!
CJA