Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"f#$%&$k" - My own thoughts... It's 4 am, I'm driving to "Cabo da Roca" with the intention of shooting the moon set, the sky is clear when I leave home, but when I'm 500m from my destination everything gets covered in mist...


“Why do I do this”… I’m walking down the trail to my favorite spot in the darkness, seeing only the beam of my headlamp sweeping the mist… The trail is a 300m descent into a small rocky beach with loose rocks and some difficult obstacles along the way… I’ve been to this place more times than I can remember, but yes… This time I’m scared…

Half way down to the beach, the mist starts to clear and I’m able to see the moon again… For a while I’m thinking about the multitude of texts describing moments when nature is kind to photographers and to those who dare to leave the bed at insane times… But when I really get to the beach and start mounting the tripod for my first shoot the moon gets completely covered with clouds and never shows up again…

Without the moonlight I stay in the dark for more than one hour before I see the first traces of sunshine… Still I point my cameras somewhere and wait… Heck, I’m here so I’d better create some images anyway…

At 11h00, I finally feel I’m finished for the morning… Even if the weather doesn’t help, there’s so much to do "just" with stones…

2 comments:

VCP said...

Temos de voltar lá :)

É um sítio mágico!

pajO said...

For gifted eyes... The magic can be permanent.
Don´t ever stop taking pictures :)

Nice one for a frustating morning.