Monday, July 09, 2007

"sorry sir, we only have sofa beds, only 4 person apartments feature normal beds and those are very expensive..." - I just got to Brussels and been through one of the most unreal situations I remember...

I should start by saying that I did not have any alcohol before going into the hotel...

When I entered the Hotel room, I found a living room, with a TV and a sofa and thought "cool, this must be some kind of apartment"...

Then I started trying to find the bedroom, and... There wasn't any... I still went back and forth from the living room to the bathroom, looking for some hidden door, but no... There was no bed!!!...


I finally saw a leaflet titled "how to mount the sofa-bed"... Well, I've been through lots of strange situations while traveling, but I don't remember the last time I was caught in surprise by something like this...

Almost in disbelief, I called the reception in order to figure if that was the only kind of rooms they had, but strangely enough that was the standard for the hotel...
It still took me some time to find the most comfortable sofa bed configuration... But ok... By 2 am I was asleep...

In the meanwhile I was thinking about other situations from past trips, like having slept on a bedroom where I could hear cockroaches running from one side to the other, or when the hotel maid entered my room and I was sleeping naked...

So here it is: life as life can be... One more funny experience and counting...

1 comment:

Brisa said...

Fantastic! These stories simply give a new (funny!) perspective of life, because in the end they make you smile!