Monday, March 12, 2007

“come back in one piece and don’t forget to update your blog”… - I’m back to my desk around 8 pm the day before departing to India, Cat has left me a goodbye message along with some project billing notes…

I was tired and the last thing I’d like to do for the rest of the day was to go home and pack… The flight would only be during the afternoon so I ended up leaving most things to be done during the moorning…

As usual, I’m faster packing my suitcase than my photo backpack… I know that whenever I forget something behind I end up discovering new ways of using my equipment, but still I try to avoid these situations and keep the kit as functional as possible… Once again I’m not bringing a tripod… I did not miss It the last time, will I miss it now?...

My mindset in these moments is difficult to describe… I’m usually distant, and not thinking about much… I guess that from the outside I even look sad… All in all, the fact that I’ll be sitting in airplanes for two days, keeps my adrenalin levels to the minimum… In fact having an idea on what’s going to happen in my life for the next two days has been quite uncommon during the last months, so it would probably be better to rest as much as possible and get ready for what’s to come…

Due to flight limitation in this time of the year, my trip will take two days… At night in the first day I’m having Thai soup, a French dish and Italian wine in Frankfurt… It should not feel right from the outside, but feels great…

No comments: