Sunday, March 18, 2007

"you are not entitled to use a sit belt in here"... - It's probably the first time I travel on the front seat of a car in India, and here's another difference that just makes me think about the the distance between the several worlds I travel by...

Later in the same day, I hear something like: Surf or even going into the sea water is perceived as something dangerous here, most people will not even consider doing it... I never understood danger to be relative, but I come to the conclusion that just as we filter what we see we also filter through our perception of danger...

People here seam to be protected by some kind of special luck that prevents cars from bumping into each other and people being ran over when crossing the street... I never thought about this before but maybe this same luck also protects people in the rest of the world whenever they push their own limits... Whatever dangers there migth be...

No comments: