Sunday, March 25, 2007

"yes, sir you are allowed to take as many snappers as you wish"... - I had asked if I was allowed to take pictures of a temple and as always, India proved to be one of the most photo friendly places one might think off...

I'm used to expect some people to see me as a threat whenever I show up with my camera in hand... In India, people see me, but instead of fear they show the same level of interest on who I am, where I'm from and what I'm doing, that I have regarding everything I see...

From my interaction with people, and the explanations of some local friends, everyday I find out how different cultures and time evolutions can render basic instincts completely different... From my limited time here I see that the more I know, the more I understand that I'm not even close to figuring the real meaning of some of my images...

No comments: